Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sudoku Madness! (HSKS)

So, I just remembered how much I'm in love with Sudoku. Seriously. I'm not really a numbers person, but there's something in the structure and logic behind Sudoku that makes me ♥ it. The HSKS homework this week was doing some Sudoku's to get certain highlighted numbers, use the key to convert them to letters, and then unscramble them to find a word related to the Potter universe.

I downloaded them, then uploaded them into a Google doc so I could play around with the spreadsheet, and also used the margins to take notes about each row, column, and 3x3 square as I needed it.

This led me to realize how much easier they are to play on the computer!

Now I'll have to find somewhere to play them online!

HSKS Sudoku answers were:

Puzzle 1: Dobby
Puzzle 2: Harry Potter
Puzzle 3: Hogs Head

1 comment:

muddleglum said...

Too late to comment, but may I point out that Sudoku has little to do with numbers (and even if you point out that it involves higher mathematics, I could also point out that higher mathematics often has nothing to do with numbers). You can make it go with colors, too.

Maybe sometimes you can "trans-colorate" the numbers to a paper grid (or even use a spreadsheet on the computer) and play it that way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails