Monday, April 26, 2010

Take That, Gryffindor! (hsks)

Hufflepuff won our first Quidditch match!!! I wasn't playing, because I had to go to work, but I did get to stay for the first 2/3rds or so of the match. It was something out of Quidditch Through the Ages---our Keeper had to leave due to a family emergency, and there was nobody to replace her! So, imagine our team, flying around the Pitch doing their best, and our goal wide open! Wide open!

I felt sooo bad because I couldn't step in and play, but I knew that I'd have to leave soon after that, and it wouldn't do any good. I was correct, because right before I left, Gryffindor scored their first goal, an easy hit towards our open goal posts.

So it all came down to the Snitch! In a feat worthy of Harry himself, Hufflepuff Seeker Rowan Dragonsinger caught the Snitch just seconds before the Gryffindor Seeker would have. Or so I hear, because I wasn't there at that point, but I imagine it all being quite fast paced and terribly exciting! So, HUZZAH Hufflepuff! I hope to be playing in at least one of our two remaining matches, coming up in May and June. Now that I've seen how it works, I think I could handle it, if I start training now. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails