Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thinking Black...

I'm trying to get my mind wrapped around being Holiday ready, which I so know I'm not. At first, I wanted to make a bunch of ornaments because I thought they might be something small that might sell well and be cheaper and small...but once I did a few I was pretty much done with the idea (I have the shortest attention span possibly ever), even though I do love this one :)

So, I've been trying to think smaller inventory items, but why am I bothering so much? I mean, should I drive myself crazy making smaller things that I don't completely want to make/love or should I just dedicate myself to my scarves that I do love and leave it all to the buyers?

Anyway, the actual reason for this post was to bring up Black Friday, the first real jump off on the holiday season. Shopping has been slow everywhere, in the retail world where I work and on Etsy too, so I really think Black Friday will show that people are waiting for the really good deals. (keep your fingers crossed!)

I signed up to be a part of this sale, called Holiday EtsyFest or Artisans for the Holidays (personally I like the second one better!) which is going to be a substantial group of Etsy sellers offering specials in their shops from Black Friday through Cyber Monday (Black Friday being the day after Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday being the Monday after the sales weekend)

Sneak peek: All scarves 50% off! All photos buy one get one free, all weekend!

I will reserve items now for buying during this weekend, just contact me. :) Now then, I'm off to crochet a bunch! Check out a selection of my scarves in the slideshow above, and Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails